Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog. I hope this to become a place for discussions of all things musical, from CD reviews, to concert happenings, to artist updates I find intriguing. My plan is to review any new CD I buy, and any concert I attend. Since I am a family man and do not have unlimited resources, I will fill in with reviews of albums I already own.

I have no formal music training, unless you consider the 30 minutes a week or so we did in elementary school. I have attempted to play guitar/bass, but have never even had a glimmer of success. I couldn't carry a tune singing if my life depended on it. I do, however, have the utmost respect and admiration for those that have the talents and showcase them well. I grew up in a small town where there was not a lot to do, so I listened to the radio. Constantly. When i got old enough I started going to concerts. I was hooked. In my bachelor days it was rare for me to go more than a month without traveling several hours to see a big show. I could not even begin to count how many bands I have seen.

I would love to hear from local artists that want a review.
I will listen to anything once, a second listen has to be earned.
I will be honest.
I will only review albums I have obtained legitimately. (I reserve the right to review things that my friends have purchased, as long as they got it legally).

No comments:

Post a Comment